Chrysler PT Cruiser awards and special editions
When Chrysler announced that production of the Chrysler PT Cruiser will continue (July 31, 2009) into 2010, it also noted the awards given to the small vehicle. In a break from a long tradition of dismissing the PT, Peter Fong, new President and CEO of the Chrysler brand, said:
The heritage-styled Chrysler PT Cruiser continues to be a global success story. With more than 1.3 million PT Cruisers sold in more than 60 countries since 2000, we’re excited to announce we’re re-energizing the iconic and award-winning PT Cruiser.
The Chrysler PT Cruiser’s unique styling and interior flexibility, at a compact car price, were an instant hit. High quality and functionality continue to give the award-winning Chrysler PT Cruiser a leg up on the competition.
Critics and researchers have recommended the PT Cruiser for its consistently high levels of quality and refinement—tying for first place in J.D. Power’s Initial Quality Survey (IQS) in July 2009. Other awards include:
• 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser, North American International Auto Show, "North American Car of the Year"
• 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser, African Americans on Wheels and Latinos on Wheels, "Car of the Year"
• 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser, Strategic Vision, "Compact Car Segment"
• 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser, Industrial Design Excellence, "Gold Award"
• 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser, Automobile Magazine, "Best Small Car"
• 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser, AutoPacific, "Top Vehicle customer satisfaction"
• 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser, Edmunds.com, "Most Significant"
• 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser, Consumer Guide, "Best Buy - Compact Cars Category"
• 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser, Consumer Reports, "Recommended"
• 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser, Consumer Reports “Recommended”
Since production of the Chrysler PT Cruiser began in February 2000 (as a 2001 model), the PT Cruiser lineup was a continuous hit, until shortly after its 2006 redesign.
The latest flavor, the 2009 Chrysler PT Dream Cruiser 5, was the 14th customized version. Other customized versions were Flames, Woodie, PT Dream Cruiser Series 1, 2, 3 and 4, PT Turbo and Chrome Accents, the Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible, the revised 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser, the Chrysler PT Street Cruiser Route 66, Street Cruiser Pacific Coast Highway Edition and Street Cruiser Sunset Boulevard Editions.
Read our terms of service. Copyright © 2000-2013 Allpar, LLC; all rights reserved. We are not affiliated with Chrysler, LLC, but this site is dedicated to the Chrysler PT Cruiser.